What we believe at SouthPort Church about Jesus, the Bible, and the Church
• The verbal inspiration of the Scriptures as the very Word of God.
2 Peter 1:20-21
• The Trinity - the only true God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
• God created all people and that all are totally lost and separated from God through sin. Romans 3:23
• Jesus Christ is fully God, truly human, born of a virgin and did not sin. John 1:1
• Jesus died for all people on the cross to satisfy Divine justice, once and for all. Hebrews 9:14-15
• The literal resurrection of Jesus body from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:3-8
• Justification by faith - the fact that we are made right before God because we believe in the finished work of Jesus on the cross. Romans 5:1
• Christians can live free from the power of sin through the power of God. Romans 8:1
• The privilege of receiving Divine Healing for the body in answer to believing in prayer. James 5:14-16
• The baptism with the Holy Spirit as an experience that happens after conversion, bringing Spiritual power for Christian service, the first sign of which is speaking in other languages as the Holy Spirit enables. Acts 1:8, 2:4, 38-39
• Water Baptism by immersion for believers according to Matthew 28:19.
• The Lord's Supper (Communion) to remember the death of our Lord Jesus Christ as outlined in 1 Corinthians 11:23-32.
• The second pre-millennial return of our Lord Jesus to this earth, the Rapture of His church and the resurrection of those in Christ to live forever with our Lord. Acts 1:11, 1 Corinthians 15:20-23
• Christians will have eternal life in Heaven, and for those who choose to reject God's offer of salvation, eternal punishment in Hell. Matthew 25:31-46
• We believe that the anointed teaching of the Word of God is the primary catalyst for transformation in the lives of individuals and in the life of a community.
• We believe God’s presence is welcomed and experienced in worship.
• We believe lost people are very important to God and ought to be very important to the church.
• We believe Christ followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous growth.
• We believe the church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual and natural gifts.
• We believe loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life.
• We believe people grow best in relationship with others.
• We believe excellence honours God and inspires people.
• We believe the church should be led by those with leadership gifts. We believe full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every believer.
Have a question about what we believe at SouthPort Church? Get in touch with a person on our lead team directly by filling out the form below