For your information you can watch our services in the following ways:
1. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SouthPortChurch
2. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/southport.church/
3. Our SouthPort Website: www.myfamily.church
I have removed the dates of a potential return to on-site ministry to reduce confusion. When events and ministries resume on church property we will make sure that the message is communicated clearly. To be clear: All on-site programs are suspended until further notice.
- Alpha @SouthPort
- Adult Bible Study
- Vitality Men's Breakfast
- Communion - public serving of communion will be postponed until further notice.
- Kids Cove
- Youth Fundraiser Turkey Lunch is cancelled. If you purchased tickets refunds will be available. Please email me directly to receive your refund.
- Lenten Reflections scheduled for Fridays at the Southampton Presbyterian Church have been cancelled.
- Saugeen Shores Ministerial Lenten Lunches/Service at SouthPort are cancelled.
- Adult Bible Study at SouthPort.
- SouthPort Annual General Meeting - postponed. A new date will be announced.
- Revolution Youth
- Sunday Night Church.
- SouthPort Games Night on April 3rd - postponed. A new date will be announced.
- All scheduled events on the SouthPort Easter calendar are postponed.
- Onsite Saturday night prayer meeting
- We Will Rise Women's Conference - Postponed until 2021
- Overflow Youth Conference - Postponed until 2021
The above list is subject to change.
How can you give, tithes, offering, missions, benevolent:
Several of you have been inquiring about how to give tithes and offerings to the church during this time. We are working hard in partnership with our PAOC head office on setting up some additional options and hope to have some options rolled out in the near future:
For now: the best suggestion for you to consider would be:
1. Mail a cheque to the church post office box: SouthPort Church, PO BOX 654 Southampton, ON., N0H 2L0 (please do not mail cash)
Also, when giving please prayerfully consider giving to the benevolence fund. We are anticipating opportunities will arise in the coming days and weeks ahead where we will be providing assistance to people.
As a church family we are faithful in the area of giving to the Lord. Thank you for being so faithful!
March 24, 2020
RE: COVID-19 UPDATE 5
Dear Members of SouthPort Church & Guests:
The COVID-19 global pandemic is changing day by day. At times it can be overwhelming. Yet, I continue to be encouraged by the words found in Isaiah 41:10:
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Once again as we respond to all that is happening around us, I believe it is important that we draw near to God and seek His wisdom, comfort, strength, and look to His word for guidance, assurance, and courage. Our Christian faith calls us to be compassionate to those who are suffering, to support family, and friends, to be generous, to be discerning, to be courageous, and to share our faith with those who are looking for answers. We are to fervently pray for those in authority, rest in God’s protection, and most importantly trust His sovereign will. I believe, together, with the help of the Lord, we will get through these challenging times and emerge stronger and more committed to the Lord and each other.
As our church navigates through these changing times many decisions need to be made as we provide spiritual care for the congregation. With the Government's announcement on March 23rd announcing the closure of all "non-essential" services and businesses and the social distancing recommendation from health professionals, we made the decision that as of March 25th, 2020 ALL on-site gatherings at the church are suspended until further notice. Instead, we will be meeting together using online technology for services, prayer meeting and some Bible study. Simply click on the www.myfamily.church or go to the SouthPort Facebook page for more details. Online services will remain at 10:30 a.m. We see this as an opportunity, not an obstacle. We invite you to join us online and believe that individuals will be blessed and come to know Jesus.
We are praying for you! We have a plan and a team in place to keep in regular communication with you and your family. You are very important to us. We are here for you in practical ways. If you need anything, please feel you can reach out to us and we will do our best to provide any assistance we can for you and your family.
Here to serve,
Lead Pastor, SouthPort Church
If you are in self isolation due to COVID-19
Or physically unable to go out at this time,